Karl Thomas Koenen represents national and international clients in litigation in state courts, in arbitration proceedings and in out-of-court dispute resolution.
One of his main areas of practice is advising on corporate, banking and financial disputes. He also advises on tax-related proceedings and post-M&A disputes. These are often complex proceedings with high amounts in dispute and cross-border implications.
His clients include German and international large and medium-sized companies, institutional investors such as hedge funds as well as entrepreneurs and shareholders.
- Since 2011 Partner at Wendelstein
- 2008 Foreign Associate at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, New York
- 2005 to 2010 lawyer at Hengeler Mueller, Frankfurt am Main (Senior Associate)
- 2001 to 2002 analyst at J.P.Morgan, London
- 2003 to 2005 legal clerkship at the Frankfurt Higher Regional Court
- 1995 to 2000 University of Freiburg im Breisgau, scholar of the German National Academic Foundationn
- Neue Regeln für den Open Market, WM 2011, 1594 (mit Dr. Lars F. Freytag)